The close dovetailing of industry, science and education is a core issue of future development. Closeness and cooperation with local enterprises is a matter of course for the scientific and educational facilities in Bremerhaven. Many innovation projects have been implemented in recent years – thanks in no small degree to the support from BIS.
Bremerhaven is recognized as having an above-average number of scientific institutions.
These top-class facilities include:
- Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research (AWI)
- Bremerhaven University of Applied Sciences
- Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology
- Institute of Shipping Economics and Logistics (ISL)
- Institute of Wind Energy at Bremerhaven University of Applied Sciences
- Technology Transfer Centre (ttz) Bremerhaven
- vonThünen Institute for Fisheries
- Institute for Marine Resources (IMARE)
- Centre for Aquaculture Research (ZAF)
- German Shipping Museum (DSM)
Taken together with Bremen’s scientific landscape, this constitutes an excellent innovation cluster for the State of Bremen. Come and see for yourself.